Dear parents of LGBT+ young people:
You should be less worried about your offspring being influenced into their LGBT+ identities by people they met online, and more worried about the fact that they go online to meet people that will give them the acceptance and support that you haven’t.
This needs more notes
1. You need to first decide that you want to change your feelings, and that you will make the effort – even if you can’t be bothered.
2. Smile at everyone you meet – even if you feel it’s fake. In time our actions often change the way we feel inside.
3. Look for something you can laugh at – decide to have some fun.
4. Choose to play it forward – do a random act of kindness. It will raise your self esteem and help to lighten up your mood.
5. Treat yourself with love and kindness; cut yourself some extra slack. For now, accept the way you’re feeling, and be patient with yourself.
6. Play some upbeat, happy music that you know will lift your mood – and maybe sing along, and get some friends to join in, too.